Comparison shopping for cheaper Dodge Avenger insurance in Fort Wayne might be quite difficult for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing rates online. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become hard work to find better rates on Dodge Avenger insurance.
It's amazing but the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Indiana could cut their rates by approximately $700 a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rates and save money.
Discounts for cheap car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paperless, safe driver, good student, air bags, and company car.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, air bags, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, online shopper, anti-theft, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, good driver, and online quote.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, good driver, passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in Fort Wayne. To locate providers who offer car insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices on their websites. Comparing prices online for Dodge Avenger insurance in Fort Wayne doesn't take much effort because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their system will order information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Fort Wayne helps simplify price comparisons, and it's necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best rate on insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended that you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Dodge Avenger car insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums - Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Avenger by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Gender and insurance costs - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females have fender benders in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed - Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Rates may be lower depending on your vocation - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like fire fighters, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as scientists, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Better drivers pay less - A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who get serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Fort Wayne insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Fort Wayne who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurance company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Wayne?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How are claims handled?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
- Shawn Corbett - State Farm Insurance Agent
6061 N Clinton St - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 484-6199 - View Map
- Sam Till Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
615 Goshen Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 482-9623 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Gwozdz
5721 Covington Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 436-2866 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 482-6900 - View Map
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 436-9669 - View Map
- Schultheis Agency Insurance
1910 St Joe Center Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 480-0208 - View Map
Three good reasons to insure your Avenger
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Avenger, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Dodge and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Indiana overpays more than $825 a year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Dodge Avenger insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Indianapolis, IN? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)