Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced Cadillac SRX insurance in Evansville? Searching for budget-priced Evansville Cadillac SRX insurance quotes may seem to be challenging for vehicle owners that are relatively new to comparing rates and buying insurance over the internet. With literally dozens of online companies available, how are we expected to effectively compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of Indiana drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save up to $860 each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Cheap companies for Cadillac SRX insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$130||$306||$294||$18||$88||$836||$70|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$130||$306||$318||$18||$94||$866||$72|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$210||$412||$264||$16||$80||$982||$82|
|SRX Performance AWD||$164||$306||$286||$16||$86||$858||$72|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$234||$492||$264||$16||$80||$1,086||$91|
|SRX Premium AWD||$172||$340||$270||$16||$80||$878||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices substantially.
An analysis of deductible level
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can change Cadillac SRX annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cadillac SRX full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Cadillac SRX insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive guideline to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Cadillac SRX replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these five discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new SRX can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some auto insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, driver training, home ownership, new car, save driver, IntelliDrive, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, hybrid vehicle, newly married, new move discount, multi-policy, and newly retired.
When getting free Evansville auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in every state.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Evansville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Evansville who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
The following are Evansville car insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes for Cadillac SRX insurance in Evansville.
- Felicia Chisholm - State Farm Insurance Agent
1211 Tutor Ln Ste F - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 471-3276 - View Map
- Gaslin Insurance Agency
2015 Stringtown Rd - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 425-1351 - View Map
- Mary Rokicki - State Farm Insurance Agent
3335 N Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 473-2863 - View Map
- State Farm: Paul Watzlavik
8688 Ruffian Ln - Newburgh, IN 47630 - (812) 422-1195 - View Map
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Indiana?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Parts of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Cadillac SRX.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for dental work, doctor visits and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your SRX resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your SRX to bring the cost down.
Insurance savings summarized
Cheap Cadillac SRX insurance in Evansville can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for insurance, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenwood, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)