Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced Buick Regal insurance in Evansville? Nobody that owns a car likes buying insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
A study showed that most consumers in Indiana have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in America could save as much as $860 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. With people having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the right company.
It's a good habit to quote other rates before your policy renews because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best quotes on Buick Regal insurance in Evansville on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Buying affordable insurance in Evansville is actually quite simple. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to buy insurance from many companies at once.
Discount Evansville insurance rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited. If you don't get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- New Car Discount - Putting insurance coverage on a new Regal can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. It's a savings of about 10%.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky. But any discount will help lower your policy cost.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, seat belt use, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, and air bags.
- State Farm has savings for good student, multiple autos, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-car, Switch & Save, good student, online quote, multi-policy, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, bundle, defensive driver, good student, and air bag.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Evansville.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Evansville, IN. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
What Affects Buick Regal Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Do you know you're credit history? - Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Buick Regal if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
You may save more by combining policies - The majority of insurers will give a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. It's possible to still save money by splitting coverages up.
Commute or pleasure use - The more miles you rack up on your Buick in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your policy states annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Regal is throwing money out the window.
How much liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Adjust physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Responsible drivers pay less - How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Don't abuse auto insurance claims - Companies in Indiana provide lower rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in force - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Buick Regal claim statistics - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local Evansville insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Evansville that provide free Evansville auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Evansville?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Evansville are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Evansville willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Evansville independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Lancaster Insurance Agency
658 S Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8883 - View Map
Buying the right Buick vehicle insurance in Indiana is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Regal, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Buick gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
The best rates come from being thorough
As you quote Evansville auto insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Evansville can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Buick Regal insurance in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)