How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for lower-priced Buick Enclave insurance in Fort Wayne? I really doubt anyone rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
A study showed that nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Indiana drivers could pocket almost $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes periodically since prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Buick Enclave insurance in Fort Wayne on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to find out how to use online quotes to find better coverage on Buick Enclave insurance in Fort Wayne at a better price.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Fort Wayne is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. But Indiana car owners do need to learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost rate quotes in Indiana
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$234||$530||$318||$18||$94||$1,194||$100|
|Enclave CX AWD||$310||$514||$368||$22||$110||$1,324||$110|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$310||$514||$368||$22||$110||$1,324||$110|
|Enclave XL AWD||$298||$592||$340||$20||$102||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below illustrates how violations and accident claims raise Buick Enclave auto insurance rates for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Fort Wayne
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Buick Enclave insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Buick could be rewarded with discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, continuous insurance, student away at school, good student, and early quote.
- 21st Century offers discounts for early bird, homeowners, good student, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, driver's education, anti-theft, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
What Determines Buick Enclave Insurance Premiums?
It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the most common factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Policy claims cost money - Insurance companies in Indiana provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Married drivers get better costs - Having a significant other may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- How old are your drivers? - Teen drivers in Indiana are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Extra coverages that aren't used - There are many extra add-on coverages that can add up on your Enclave policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Buick Enclave statistical loss data - Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the collected loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick Enclave Models
Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Fort Wayne car insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Fort Wayne will have answers to these questions.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you rate quotes.
After receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers don't offer online quoting and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Fort Wayne is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Indiana is available on the following sites:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)