Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive BMW 535i insurance in Indianapolis? Are you burned out from not being able to scrape enough together to buy auto insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other consumers.
Unfortunately, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Indianapolis can cut their rates by as much as 55% a year, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Consumers have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for BMW 535i insurance in Indianapolis.
You need to take a look at other company's rates every six months because rates change regularly. Even if you got the lowest rate on BMW 535i insurance in Indianapolis last year the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There are a lot of ways to save on 535i insurance out there, but we're going to give you a bunch of ideas how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Our goal is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Although Indiana drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. It's important that you understand the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
- Tickets mean higher prices - Even a single citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers - Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Save by driving safer vehicles - Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your BMW is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Deter vehicle theft - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft.
- No claims equals better insurance rates - Auto insurance companies in Indiana give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
First Step: Get free BMW 535i insurance quotes
To find low cost Indianapolis car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from local Indianapolis auto insurance companies. The quickest method to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to spend your day driving to different Indianapolis agent offices. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you require the extra assistance of a local Indianapolis agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it's important to also get quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$550||$294||$18||$88||$1,208||$101|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$258||$578||$318||$18||$94||$1,266||$106|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$670||$368||$22||$110||$1,552||$129|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$292||$264||$16||$80||$808||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence BMW 535i insurance premiums for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How high should deductibles be?
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease BMW 535i insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below examines BMW 535i premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your BMW 535i replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Is there truth in advertising?
Well-known auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing about how much you will save if you just switch to them. How does every company charge less that you're paying now? It's all in how they say it.
Most companies quote their best rates for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. A good example of a profitable customer may need to be a female over age 40, has no driving citations, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest car insurance rates and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not match these standards will have to pay higher premiums which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. This is how companies can make claims like that.
This really drives home the point why it is so important to compare price quotes frequently. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW 535i in Indianapolis, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your BMW for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your BMW 535i and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance policy discounts for BMW 535i insurance in Indianapolis
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Indianapolis car insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Good Driver Discount - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Indianapolis drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Indianapolis can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Indianapolis car insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Indianapolis car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose providers with the best discounts in Indiana, click here.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Indianapolis auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Indianapolis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Indianapolis can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Indianapolis that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 863-0349 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which family members are covered?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How are they compensated?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious BMW 535i insurance is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)