How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Hyundai Sonata insurance in Evansville? Cutting costs on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Evansville is challenging for drivers who have little experience online comparison shopping. Consumers have so many choices that it can be more work than you anticipated to find cheaper prices in Indiana.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many consumers in Evansville can cut their rates by as much as $700 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Evansville is to realize almost all companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including distance driven, marital status, whether or not you need a SR-22, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating data is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To compare affordable Hyundai Sonata insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Evansville, IN. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$428||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$370||$304||$18||$92||$972||$81|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$230||$416||$24||$124||$946||$79|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$430||$318||$18||$94||$1,076||$90|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$504||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$580||$412||$24||$124||$1,402||$117|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$428||$428||$26||$128||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premiums noticeably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Evansville auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Paperwork-free - Some insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Sonata insurance in Evansville.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for payment discounts, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, early quote, save driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, safety features, multi-policy, new move discount, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you need cheaper Evansville car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in every state. To view insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Evansville, click here.
Protect more than your Hyundai vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai Sonata and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Evansville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Evansville that can provide free Evansville car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find local Evansville agents, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Evansville that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
6240 E Virginia St b - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-3940 - View Map
- Kleinschmidt Insurance
3812 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 479-9028 - View Map
- Archer Insurance
2603 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 464-3633 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Evansville that are able to give price quote information.
- Manuel Ramirez - State Farm Insurance Agent
4709 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8882 - View Map
- AAA Insurance Agent: Tim Cornelius
7820 Eagle Crest Blvd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-9966 ext. 248 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
999 Kenmore Dr - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 476-2224 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Evansville will have answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?