Are you at wits end from sacrificing each month for auto insurance? You are no different than most other people in Indiana.
Remarkably, a study showed that most drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Fort Wayne could save 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There are many insurers to pick from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing for Audi A7 insurance in Fort Wayne.
How much does Audi A7 insurance in Fort Wayne, IN cost?
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Audi A7 insurance in Fort Wayne is quite easy because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system collects your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors. Being able to quote online for Audi A7 insurance in Fort Wayne simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to do this if you want to get the cheapest price on insurance.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A7 insurance, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your A7 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Audi A7 and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
- When should you not file a car insurance claims? - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Indiana generally give discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- You may save more by bundling policies - Many insurers will award better rates to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Audi A7 rates in Fort Wayne to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Amount of liability - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- High performance equals high costs - The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Audi A7 is considered a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more compared to average rates in Fort Wayne.
- Never allow your car insurance to lapse - Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
- Get better prices after the wedding - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. Marriage means you're more mature and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Loss probability for an Audi A7 - Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The data below shows the historical loss data for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A7 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A7 4dr 4WD 207 76 208 50 49 76
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Audi A7 insurance in Fort Wayne with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good student, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for paid-in-full, multi-car, online quote, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, good student, and claim free.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-car, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for student away at school, company car, paid in full, teen driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, military active duty, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
If you need lower rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-9798 - View Map
John Hayes - State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-4711 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Lower-priced Audi A7 insurance in Fort Wayne is available online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Indianapolis, IN? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)