Would you like an easy way to compare low-cost insurance rates in Evansville, IN? Evansville buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Chevy Sonic insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Chevy and obtain the lowest price either online or from Evansville insurance agents.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without reducing protection. The purpose of this article is to teach you how insurance works. Drivers just have to know how to get comparison rates on the web.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes to compare rates from some recommended companies.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Evansville, IN. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Sonic insurance in Evansville
Insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- Travelers may offer discounts for IntelliDrive, home ownership, new car, payment discounts, driver training, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for pay in full, business and professional, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, good student, defensive driver, multi-car, and renters.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, multi-car, age of vehicle, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. To find companies with significant discounts in Evansville, click this link.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Indiana?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Indiana?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice. Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Evansville.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Evansville that provide free Evansville car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Different types of Evansville auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Evansville insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Evansville are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Evansville that can give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Heston Insurance Agency
2029 Washington Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 479-3141 - View Map
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
7424 Eagle Crest Blvd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 473-5100 - View Map
- Gaslin Insurance Agency
2015 Stringtown Rd - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 425-1351 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Evansville that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: David Key
2215 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 421-1925 - View Map
- State Farm: Paul Watzlavik
8688 Ruffian Ln - Newburgh, IN 47630 - (812) 422-1195 - View Map
- Randy Robertson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1520 Bellemeade Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 479-1881 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Evansville, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?