Do you want to save money by finding low-cost auto insurance rates in Evansville, IN? Evansville buyers have options when searching for affordable Acura RDX insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a Acura and get the cheapest rates either online or from Evansville insurance agents.
How to compare free Evansville Acura RDX insurance quotes
Getting a low cost price on Acura RDX insurance can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$196||$400||$288||$18||$86||$988||$82|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$172||$358||$270||$16||$80||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise coverage rates greatly.
Acura RDX insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents can increase Acura RDX insurance premiums for different age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Acura RDX annual premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Evansville insurance discounts
Companies don't necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Evansville car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring several vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting coverage on a new RDX can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
If you would like to view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Indiana, click here to view.
Local agents and car insurance
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Evansville.
After completing this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a good Evansville insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Evansville are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's good to learn how they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Evansville that can give you free price quotes.
- Freeman Will and Niemeier, Inc.
1919 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 437-3933 - View Map
- Lancaster Insurance Agency
658 S Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8883 - View Map
- AssuredPartners NL
120 N Fulton Ave a - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 485-2800 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Evansville that can give you price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance - Vicky Anslinger-Clark
4904 Temple Ln - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 428-0300 - View Map
- Jerry Smith - State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 University Dr Ste B - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 425-6338 - View Map
- Progressive Insurance
5600 E Virginia St - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 962-5801 - View Map
Picking a insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Indiana?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Get More Affordable Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the things companies use to determine prices.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Acura RDX is a luxury crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more compared to average rates in Evansville.
- Maintain car insurance coverage - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Experienced drivers pay less - Beginning drivers in Indiana have been known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Annual mileage impacts prices - The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your RDX may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your policy correctly shows the correct driver usage.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets - Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Most car insurance companies allow discounts to clients who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare other Evansville RDX insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Acura RDX claim data - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura RDX Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RDX 4dr 2WD 64 75 57 67 67 71 Acura RDX 4dr 4WD 68 79 79 68 66 60
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura RDX with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Acura. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more and you will save more
Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Acura RDX insurance in Evansville is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Evansville agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Acura RDX insurance in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Evansville car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More information is located below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Noblesville, IN? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)